Sign up to receive Tavola news and insider offers
INSIDER OFFER AT TAVOLA VILLA FIJI
With the promise of international travel upon us, I’d like to share with you an insider’s offer for travel to Tavola in 2022 and 2023. If you’re looking for a safe, luxurious and secluded beach getaway, exclusively for your party of 2 to 10, Tavola Villa is the perfect choice.
STAY 7 / PAY 6 for ALL-INCLUSIVE LUXURY PRIVATE TAVOLA VILLA IN FIJI
ADD EXTRA NIGHTS FREE WITH OUR “GIVE A NIGHT, GET A NIGHT” REFERRAL PROGRAM
When you refer a friend who books Tavola, your friend also gets the STAY 7 / PAY 6 insider deal and you get an extra night added to your stay.
Offer expires July 15, 2021 or sooner if the 20 weeks set aside for insiders have been claimed.
“I travelled throughout Fiji, and Tavola is prettier than Fiji itself. It’s an incredibly special private villa nestled in the heart of an abundant Pacific Island paradise. Tavola feels like home, and it’s truly hard to leave.” - Eden
“The property is literally perfect - aesthetically pleasing from every vantage point, brilliantly architected and expertly layered with the details that make a house a home.” - Kit
“From the gorgeous views to the delicious fresh food, it was bliss. I can’t recommend it enough." - Zach
“The views were breathtaking from the master bedroom and it was so nice to wake each morning looking across the ocean. There were so many things that you could do at Tavola that you were spoiled for choice - kayaking, snorkelling, early morning fishing or just relaxing. It was the right blend of fun and relaxation in a very luxurious and incredible setting.” - Sonia
“As a resort, Tavola provides guests with luxury, comfort and a chance to enjoy the beautiful stillness of island life, well worth the money. However, the intimate, family experience they’ve managed to cultivate is priceless: you won’t find a place like this anywhere else.” - Andre
YOUR ALL-INCLUSIVE LUXE PACKAGE AT TAVOLA VILLA FIJI
- Exclusive use of waterfront private villa on 8 acres
- Dedicated staff for your party, including private chef with meals customised for you
- Breakfast, picnic lunches and 3-course dinners prepared from Tavola’s edible landscape and sustainably caught from the sea and sourced from local farmers
- Infinity pool and towel service
- Captained boat for excursions on Savusavu Bay
- Fishing, snorkeling and kayaking
- Yoga gear - mats, blocks, straps and blankets
- Playing field and sports equipment - bocce, croquet, volleyball
- Wifi (now that you can work and play from anywhere!)
- Daily housekeeping, turndown and laundry service
- Use of Tavola Villa’s private helipad
- Hassle-free travel with complimentary local transfers and VIP escort service at Nadi International Airport to skip the lines and crowds
- Free date changes, up to 90 days in advance of travel, because we understand that travel remains uncertain
Your booking with Tavola Villa Fiji also includes a 2-year membership in Emmy Blue, an exclusive concierge service and private villa collection for global mavericks, like you. Emmy Blue is run by my friend Landi Burns, a 2021 Top Travel Specialist with Conde Nast (there are only 435 worldwide!) and formerly General Manager of internationally acclaimed Turtle Island Private Island Resort in Fiji.
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED?
- Cocktails, wines and beers - though we’re happy to pair your line caught Spanish mackerel herb-grilled over garden greens with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc, or mix you an icy Blue Martini at our poolside bar
- Flights - though we’re delighted to book your international travel and your island flights, whether you opt for commercial inter-island flights, private charter fixed-wing flights or chartered helicopter direct to Tavola Villa’s private helipad
- Spa treatments - though we’re pleased to arrange gorgeous treatments in the privacy of your villa or massage under the sheltering boughs of Tavola’s shady rain tree
- Diving - though we’ll enthusiastically recommend dive spots from Namena Marine Reserve to nearby Natewa Bay for stunning coral gardens and thrilling sea life
- Excursions beyond Tavola Villa - though we’re excited to share the magic of Fiji with you like picnics on isolated sand bars, river drifts, treks to thundering waterfalls, the art and cultural heritage of a Fijian village, and other special experiences to make your stay with us unforgettable
PERSONAL GREETING FROM MONICA
For years I traveled back and forth between Fiji and Palo Alto, California, living the fortunate life of an entrepreneur and digital nomad. I found that my stints in Fiji gave me time to reflect, reconnect and re-ignite my creativity. And each time I returned to the states I brought a little island vibe back with me - that bula smile, an extra dose of patience and a pervasive and upbeat optimism that all is somehow right with the world.
In 2015 I decided to share the inspiration of pristine Fiji and I created a media series called “Turtle Talks: Global Conversations to Imagine a Better World”, which you can find here. I invited worldwide eco-experts to gather in Fiji for a conversation to imagine a world powered by 100% clean energy.
I launched the series with eco-activist Daryl Hannah on Earth Day 2015 and shared episodes monthly over the course of the following year. I still have in my mind to host similar conversations -- to imagine a world without hunger or a world without disease.
In 2016 I decided to buy a property of my own in Fiji, a place where I could host innovators, creators and entrepreneurs - extraordinary people who are passionate about life. I wanted to share with them what I was experiencing. Fiji was elevating my creativity and consciousness, and with each visit I was more excited to experience the “rapture of life” (as so eloquently coined by Joseph Campbell), and embark on ventures of impact.
As I set out on my property search, I quickly fell in love with the north of Fiji. I first came to Fiji in 1983, when it was still remote and wild. The roads were all packed dirt, and the cane fields grew so tall you drove in a tunnel of waving sugar fronds. The mainland and tourist islands are not like that anymore. But the north of Fiji still has those throwback qualities of close-knit communities, untouched coral reefs, a meandering pace of life, indigenous jungles and a feeling of authenticity and belonging.
In 2017 and 2018 I made offers on 3 properties on the island of Vanua Levu, and my persistence was rewarded when I discovered a very special property and what is now my Tavola Villa. Tavola is situated on 8 acres of tropical jungle cascading to the sea. It’s secluded yet just a short drive from the charming seaside town of Savusavu. The villa was designed by award-winning Australian architect Madeleine Blanchfield, and built from native hardwoods. Journalist Rob Kay affectionately called the design “opulently minimalist” and the views are truly spectacular. As well the “neighborhood” is rather distinguished, with Cousteau Resort sharing our peninsula, Tony Robbins on a nearby beach and the Google founders making Fiji their international playground.
I arrived at Tavola in November 2018 thinking to supervise a few upgrades and enhance the guest experience. No doubt you’re already laughing, because yes, I’m still here! It has been an incredible adventure redesigning systems and lovingly restoring the lustre of the villa, welcoming early guests and more recently during our pandemic, experiencing a complete immersion in stillness and becoming attuned to the natural rhythms of Tavola herself.
Fiji continues to inspire me. Truly, it shapes me. In 2020 during our global lockdown, I kicked off an online masterclass. In the 3-month course, I help purpose-driven innovators accelerate their growth, maximize their impact and shape our collective future by tapping higher consciousness and unlocking multidimensional perception, commonly known as luck. You can find out more here. I’m sharing the insights, principles and practices I’ve discovered and honed in the last decade to create ventures of impact, and a most fantastic life. Now that I’ve offered the course twice, I’m keen to refine and expand it further. So if you like reading this newsletter, you can look forward to an update on that journey in the near future.
Friends, I am so very grateful our paths have crossed. Each and every one of you has added splashes of color and treasured memories to my life. Thank you, and I hope I have the pleasure of seeing your smile yet again. x